We are looking for dynamic and passionate individuals to join the Recovery Alliance Duluth team!
Recovery Alliance Duluth is seeking a part-time Non-profit Accountant to join the RAD team. We are looking for the individual who understands non-profit accounting and grant funded operations. Recovery Alliance Duluth is a Recovery Community Organization that provides peer-based recovery services, supports all pathways to recovery, and believes in the power of compassion and in the positive effects an authentic human connection has on a person’s recovery.
In this role, you will be a vital part of the Recovery Alliance Duluth team by performing accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing and processing payroll, assisting in financial and accounting record keeping, preparing financial reports, and maintaining required documentation. As the organization's accountant, you will work with Recovery Alliance Duluth administration to perform all aspects of financial accounting to ensure compliance and the efficient operation of the organization.
Position: Non-profit Accountant
Geographic area: N/A
Full time: 20 hrs/wk
Wage: Commensurate with experience
- Perform daily data entry, enter receipts and invoices, pay bills, make deposits, issue reimbursements.
- Assist with payroll processing and reporting.
- Maintain up to date payroll information.
- Maintain onboarding documentation as it relates to employee payroll.
- Maintain income and expense documentation in as required.
- Work with Executive Director to create and maintain organizational budgets.
- Work with Executive Director to fulfill financial reporting requirements.
- Assist with annual audit and 990 preparation.
- Adhere to financial policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all organizational information.
- Comply with organizational policies.
- Participate in additional training as required.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently and work as a team.
- Maintains a current knowledge of accepted accounting practices.
- Knowledgeable of federal and state grant financial guidelines, reporting, and allowability of expenses.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of accounting functions from basic daily accounting entries to financial reporting.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate boundaries in a variety of settings and situations.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with volunteers and staff.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong cultural competence and experience working with diverse communities.
- Ability to provide accurate feedback without judgment or discomfort.
- Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen needs or circumstances.
- Practices discretion in all aspects of the job.
- Excels at problem solving and multitasking, is organized, efficient and goal directed.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Effective use of the Internet, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting with 3 years of Non-Profit accounting experience, or Associates degree with 5 years of Non-Profit accounting experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Accounting, and timekeeping software.
- Proficient and knowledgeable of accounting functions in including, payroll, A/P, A/R, financial reporting, and journal entries.
- Experience with grant budgets, reporting, and reimbursements.
- Good communications skills with all levels of the organization; including outside vendors and partners.
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment and be willing to accept responsibility and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Fund Accounting Experience
Applications must be received by 4/10/2021
In addition, please email cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Non-profit Accountant
Questions or information: please contact:
Recovery Alliance Duluth: 218-576-6005
Recovery Alliance Duluth is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.